Wednesday 13 March 2013

Recommended Listening - Volume 1

Has anyone else ever had that experience where you listen to a song for the first time that you absolutely love, play it repeatedly for weeks and then forget about it only to listen to it again months later and get the same feeling?

This has happened to me twice this week, both from CDs that I bought in December.


1.

How To Dress Well - Suicide Dream 1 (Orchestral Version)

From the EP "Just Once"





The recurring vocal theme on this track works so well. It's a heartbreaking piece that has such a heavenly feel to it.



2.

The Bulgarian State Radio & Television Female Choir - Polegnala E Todora

From the album "Le Mystère Des Voix Bulgares"





I can't recommend this album enough! 

Some of the harmonies this choir throw into the mix blew my mind the first time I heard them. Sometimes discordant and they're not particularly amazing singers, but the timbre they create ingrained with their diaphonic cycles are brilliant. 

I'm already an avid enthusiast of eastern European traditional music and this album has only cemented my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment