Thursday 21 March 2013

Guest Writer Time #1 - When The Grass Left The Earth

As promised, here is the first guest composition - made by my good friend Will Purcell!

Will and I inter-railed through Europe together in the summer of 2007. On that trip we went to Sziget Festival in Budapest. 

I have a vivid memory of going around girls and asking them to pour sun block onto Will's face whilst I filmed it... it was funny at the time alright.

I asked Will to tell me about the video he made and here's what he said:

"I wrote the track last night and filmed it today at The Danebury Iron Age Hillfort near Stockbridge. When writing the track I was in a very reflective state. Having recently watched the 'Utopia' series I was thinking about the world and it's resources, and the possibility/probability of them running out at some point. Therefore, all of the things shown in the video how we know them would be gone/changed. That's why it ends with the empty broken chair in the shed; it's broken/useless/now unused. I thought it was a fitting place as it was used functionally but now isn't, it's a monument to what was."






Thanks to Will for submitting this and remember, if you want to have a go yourself send any work you have to leewoodmusic@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment