Friday 28 June 2013

Recommended Listening - Volume 3

In my current job, I have to commute 30 miles a day to get to work and back.

This gives me just over 2 hours a day in my car to listen to music and enjoy the ride.

Today's recommendation list comes from the CDs that have been featuring on my commute the most.


1.

Death Grips - The Money Store



This album is brilliantly aggressive. Certainly Zach Hill's greatest project yet. His instantly recognizable, off-kilter drum grooves are ever present.



2.

Braids - Native Speaker



This album is so beautiful. Braids have a talent of shifting tempo so well in their songs that it's seamless. The whole album is a standout but it was Same Mum that made me fall in love with them.





3.

Twin Shadow - Forget



I first heard of Twin Shadow via Grizzly Bear sharing the music video for Slow on their Facebook page. I was in Japan when I first heard that song so I didn't buy the CD and subsequently forgot about it until I came back to the UK last year.

The rest of the album is not as "My Bloody Valentine" as Slow but more of a New Wave journey with sick basslines.

No comments:

Post a Comment